PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Users

rick.74802
2004-10-05, 04:40 PM
Does any one know if there is a Revit users group in the Seattle area? I'm starting my 1st house plan in Revit and I'm running into a few things that I need help with.

DanielleAnderson
2004-10-05, 08:25 PM
I am not aware of one around here, but it would be interesting if there was.
Wes? Do you know of anything?

Wanderer
2004-10-05, 08:27 PM
Wes? Do you know of anything?
There is a thread in the LUG forum (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=8903) where people can list where they are if there is no group around, so that they can connect with one another. ;)

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-05, 09:06 PM
Wes? Do you know of anything?There isn't one down there. Which is dumb because there is lot more of you (3 million in greater Seattle) down there than we have up here in Vancouver (1 million).

You should start one...

Our user forum is a mix of users from different industries: arch, struc, and the movie industry believe it or not. We could help you set it up, even.

rick.74802
2004-10-06, 04:21 AM
I think it would be great to have a Seattle users group. What does it take to start one Wes?

How does SRUG sound?

Scott_Bloss
2004-10-06, 11:57 AM
I would consider starting one here in central New York. (Syracuse) if anyone is interested. I am only aware of a few users in the local area. Is there any way to find out how many people are using Revit and their locations?

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-06, 03:09 PM
I think it would be great to have a Seattle users group. What does it take to start one Wes?Bodies. Enthusiasm. Organisation. A place to meet. A time to meet. An agenda.

You should call the resellers in the Seattle area and find out who the Revit firms are. You could also find out from Autodesk directly if they've directly sold copies of Revit to firms (it happens in some cases, in which case local resellers might not know about it). Search the members list. Post a thread on the forum re starting a local users' group.

Up here in Vancouver, we wanted to create something that would bring people together who were either using Revit or interested in documenting projects with a virtual building. We didn't want it to be a "group of propellerheads" -- we wanted to broaden the appeal from just hard-core CAD users to everyone whom the software might touch. It reflects in the name, too -- it's not a "User's Group": it's the Revit Enthusiasts of the Lower Mainland. (Dimitri Harvalias came up with that, BTW.) My mantra for the group is "Go Home Early". Staying overtime to coordinate 2D drawings is so 90's...

As such the topics are more varied, and we don't just talk about Revit either -- we talk about other programs that might be working alongside Revit: like Rhino, Vectorworks, VIZ, 3D Studio, etc.

You want to get principals and senior staff in to your group alongside the CAD jockeys.

Does this help? More questions?...

Wanderer
2004-10-06, 03:17 PM
Bodies. Enthusiasm. Organisation. A place to meet. A time to meet. An agenda.
...Post a thread on the forum re starting a local users' group.
...As such the topics are more varied, and we don't just talk about Revit either -- we talk about other programs that might be working alongside Revit: like Rhino, Vectorworks, VIZ, 3D Studio, etc.
Does this help? More questions?...
More questions? more suggestions? You can always visit your friendly, neighborhood LUG forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)!!! I'd like to encourage everyone to post anything LUG-related in there so that people know where to find it.

There is a link to the LUG handbook, as well as posts from people who have founded lugs, and people who are looking to start one.

Don't forget to check the LUG calendar, and post your meetings up there as well, so interested parties know there is something going on.