PDA

View Full Version : Property line to show in 3D?

sami
2008-11-18, 11:42 PM
Can I get my Property line to show in 3D similar to model lines?

Steve_Stafford
2008-11-19, 12:33 AM
Property lines are 2D only at this time. The lines are also "flat" so if you could see them in a 3D view they wouldn't follow the contours of the site toposurface. That is probably why they can't be seen yet. You can export the property boundary to dwg and import that, I know the irony isn't lost on me. :smile:

mtyp
2008-11-19, 12:38 AM
great workaround steve, and yes that is a bit ridiculous. the old autocad war horses around love gapping holes like that.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-11-19, 01:27 AM
If the need is strictly one of presentation then you can create sub-region for your toposurface that follows the property lines, offset it by 100mm or so and then assign a material that contrasts the surrounding site materials.
The 'line' will be visible in 3D and follow the contours of the site. No dashed lines though, unless you choose to go seriously overboard with the sub-region tool.

Steve_Stafford
2008-11-19, 01:59 AM
Yes, good point, Dimitri. I've done that to depict "buildable area" too, using a second property boundary representing the setback requirements.

Gadget Man
2008-11-19, 07:09 AM
What I normally do I simply split my toposurface along the boundary lines and change the material of the surrounding topo to a shade darker or lighter. In such a manner it still shows as one topo (with the surrounding allotments present) but it also defines my site boundary (change of colour).

Or, if I can, I delete the excess (surrounding) topo altogether having only my site showing its shape...

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-10-28, 05:11 PM
Old thread, new idea prompted by a Linked In post.
Create a sub-region of the topo surface that follows the property lines. This will give you 'edges' that you can see. You can then override the projection line properties of the site surface and assign a heavier linetype with a pattern the same as your property line.
Still can't dimension to these lines but you get a 3D 'line' that follows the contours of the site