PDA

View Full Version : Project Browser

Tabz
2008-11-19, 11:51 AM
I have got various duplicate views in the project browser. The problem i am having is that i need the duplicate views to have the same title (for example one is used for planning and the other for tender). But it doesn't allow you to have a view with the same name more than once. Any ideas on how i overcome this? Also is there any way i can add an initial to the title but it doesn't show when i put it on the sheet. Does revit allow you to create hidden characters? Any help would be great.

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-19, 01:22 PM
If you go to the properties of your view, you will see a field for the name of the view in the sheet. That name can be different from the view name.

Andre Carvalho

cganiere
2008-11-19, 05:00 PM
Legend Views can be repeated on multiple sheets.

Gadget Man
2008-11-20, 06:46 AM
... Any ideas on how i overcome this? ...

You can always introduce a dot or dash or a number in front of your view name. Come to think about it, if you want to have several view names STARTING with the same string, you can add an extra character (dot or number) at the end... They will look almost the same in your browser. And, as it was mentioned earlier, you don't have to have the view name displayed on a sheet - you can use "Title on sheet" and it can be the same for many views.