PDA

View Full Version : counting seats

thomasf
2008-11-19, 03:00 PM
I am wroking on a project, with others, and one of the users created a seating layout in a lecture hall, for some reason he decided to make the seats into a group. Now I have to count the seats to find out what the seating capacity is for the room.

Is there anyway to Revit will count the number of seats in this group or do I have to do it manually?

mickaeL_renauD
2008-11-19, 03:12 PM
1.ungroup the elements
2.select and highlight all the elements
3.select filter on your options bar while the elements are highlight.

and it breaks down the count into categories...

hope that helps...

cliff collins
2008-11-19, 03:15 PM
You can make a furniture schedule, which will automatically count/track all furniture
in your project.

View>New>Schedule>Furniture

Add fields for Mark, Model. Mfg., Count, etc.

Add schedule to your Furniture Plans / Sheet(s)

the beauty of BIM

cheers......

aaronrumple
2008-11-19, 03:17 PM
You can also nest the seats in another family and make an adjustable array. Then you can create a tag that will tag how many are in each row.

thomasf
2008-11-19, 03:28 PM
Thanks, the "Ungroup" route worked perfectly!

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-19, 03:30 PM
This is all assuming they used a furniture family FOR the seats, and not Grouped Detail Lines, for a seat, that they then grouped again. ive seen that pretty often.

If thats what you have, make a Furniture Familiy, and put the symbolic linework in it, and then follow everyone elses suggestions. View > New > Schedule > Furniture, and itll give you the seating.

Or use Aarons suggestion, which i prefer myself in most situations. Especially since if the seating is striaght Line Based families with nested seating work very well. If youre good at math, they work well in radiused arrangements too. :)

dbaldacchino
2008-11-19, 03:51 PM
And there's really no need to ungroup....just edit the group, select all the seats and look in the righ-bottom corner of your status bar for the count.