PDA

View Full Version : property line

ntnik
2008-11-19, 09:17 PM
i have reviewed posts....entering coordinates in table and its not closing....have done it a few times to double check all entries were correct ie: N,E,W Distance, Degree, Minute.....there are no angles to work from or benchmark (just corners on the survey)....i even entered three lines worth of coordinates then used "add line to close", and it didn't work...still tells me it is not a closed loop....

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-19, 09:35 PM
Are you sure the coordinates shouldn't be as follow?:

1) Distance: 160'-0", N/S: N, Bearing: 83 59' 00", E/W: W
2) Distance: 211'-6", N/S: N, Bearing: 5 30' 00", E/W: E
3) Distance: 160'-0", N/S: S, Bearing: 84 32' 00", E/W: E
4) Distance: 210'-0", N/S: S, Bearing: 5 28' 00", E/W: W

This will automatically close (very small gap) and looks a lot more like a regular lot...

(PS.: In bold are the changes I've made)

Andre Carvalho

ntnik
2008-11-19, 10:19 PM
thanks your right....had to use "close " for it to work....i'll have to study what i did first time and your input to determine what i need to do next time....just entered right off the survey....thanks alot

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-19, 10:53 PM
I figured that out because I noticed that the distances were very close to what should be a rectangle. And to draw a rectangle you should create lines that go to left, then up, then right and then down, to close it. If you see your original coordinates, you oriented all lines to north... As I said, if it was like a rectangle, you should have some of them oriented to south, thus drawing some of the lines down... The same idea with the East and West: some oriented to the left and others to the right...

Andre Carvalho