PDA

View Full Version : Area Plans, Color Schemes: Uneditable and blank

rjcoolpix880
2008-11-20, 04:46 PM
Why is this blank / uneditable...(see pic) Its only blank in this type of area plan. I can do what i want in all the other types of area plans (new and old ones), but not in this type...The problem is that i have already added all the areas, tags, and the parameters to the areas i want on multiple floors, and it wont let me change the area plan type to one that allows me to actually add a color scheme.

I really-really don't want to have to draw filled regions all over the place...

Thanks!

sbrown
2008-11-20, 04:50 PM
Have you dragged the color scheme onto the view?

rjcoolpix880
2008-11-20, 04:55 PM
I don't understand? How do i do that.
If i go under the view properties of the view, and click on 'color scheme', it comes up with the same 'edit color scheme' dialogue except on the left side under where it says 'areas (life safety plan)' i see a type called '(none)', but i still cant do anything, its all uneditable as before.

Chad Smith
2009-02-03, 06:02 AM
A user here is having the same issue. The whole dialogue is completely greyed out. I can't figure it out. From what I can tell, the view's properties are exactly the same.
Anyone experienced this?

lev.lipkin
2009-02-03, 05:29 PM
Such situation is not expected, there should be at least one color scheme. Could you please send model and available journals to Support? Thanks for your help and understanding.

dlancor
2010-11-12, 08:46 PM
All,

Does anyone know if this problem has been solved? We too are having this problem.

Thank you,

David

sven.129574
2011-07-25, 06:07 PM
This problem seems to still exist in 2012.

dandlf
2011-11-10, 06:17 AM
Such situation is not expected, there should be at least one color scheme. Could you please send model and available journals to Support? Thanks for your help and understanding.

We are also having this problem in RAC 2012.
It seems to be related to the fact we have a new Area type that we made called BUA.
I then created the Area plans of type BUA, (& schedules too) with all the parameters filled out.

Now we cannot create any color scheme for that Area type! It is just greyed out.

No wonder people become cynical when there is a Revit developer who drops in here 2 years ago to say that this is "unexpected' behavior and then does not reply to possibly solve the problem. I can only assume that the bug was not fixed in future subsequent releases. Ah joy.

mcblum
2012-01-18, 07:21 PM
Ran into this problem as well.... frustrating after have several floor done! If you create the Area Scheme first with same name as the one the schedules are based on, then copy and paste your schedule in, it seems to work. You millage may very, but I was able redo some area plans with this method.

If you already have this problem, rename the "BAD" area scheme, delete the schedules, create a new area scheme and copy your schedules back into the project, copy the area lines from one scheme to the other and redo some lost work because of a "glitch!"

UPDATE:
You can also import a working color scheme from a working file using the Transfer Project Standards.

czeitz
2013-03-15, 08:31 PM
I just ran into the same glitch with area schemes. My "fix" was to create a new project file with my desired area scheme and color scheme (name it exactly the same as the scheme in the file that has the glitch), save the file and then use the Transfer Project Standards tool on the Manage tab. Transfer just the "Color Scheme" category and it will overwrite your troubled color scheme.

Hope that helps someone...

Chaim

canadianco
2013-03-19, 04:15 PM
This worked for me. Thanks, Chaim.

To clarify, I used Transfer Project Standards to transfer the Color Fill Schemes category.

jsmith.147477
2013-03-20, 07:40 PM
Thanks a bunch mcblum & czeitz!! I just used the transfer project standards (for Color Fill Schemes) trick in 2013 and it worked for me as well.

Bummer it's still an issue, but super thankful for a work-around!

Jeremiah

jdcarling321209
2017-03-10, 04:11 PM
2017 Glitch is still here
Any solutions or anyone know when this will get fixed?

chris_holden712143
2018-06-05, 08:42 PM
2018 Glitch still here. Autodesk, really? After 10 years you can't fix this bug?

drubinoff
2020-02-20, 04:08 AM
2018 Glitch still here. Autodesk, really? After 10 years you can't fix this bug?

2020 and it's still a bug. Ridiculous, Autodesk! Everytime a new employ attempts a life safety area plan, this happens, and by the time I find out a ton of work has been done. Ridiculous and costly!