PDA

View Full Version : Tag Display

designer56644
2003-08-14, 11:32 PM
Is it possible to tag a window in a view, turn off the window, but leave the tag in the view?

I made a little Rough Opening tag for my framing plans that shows size of opening based on the window size, and nothing else. When I turn off my window visibility, the tags turn off as well, even though my tag visibility is set to "on". I would like the tags to stay visible, without having to edit out the windows by hand (tedium). Also, when working on the type of drawing I'm producing, I only need to insert windows, so the data my tag reads would most efficiently come from the window size.

I made my tag with the generic window annotation .rfa template

All that goes for doors too.

Anybody here ever try to create or customize a tag in ***? Nevermind.
Too painful to re-live.

Ahhh, the intricacies of Revit. I hope this works, just getting a tag to display the info I asked it to is satisfaction for me, windows or not.

beegee
2003-08-15, 12:37 AM
Go to View Properties - Windows,.... unselect all the sub-categories ( glass, frame etc, etc ). Leave the main (widow) category checked.

The window will disappear, the rough opening will show, but the tag will remain.

designer56644
2003-08-15, 01:34 AM
beegee to the rescue again...Thanks...

I feel like Captain Obvious...
When I tried that the first time, everything was greyed out, and I could'nt
switch the peram's on or off...REALLY!
After I read your post, I went back and sure enough...

Well, I guess that'll teach me to make sure I'm out of sheet mode before attempting an edit and a post (Noooo, Really!)

thanks beegee

(man this program kicks assessment)