PDA

View Full Version : "Leaning" Railing

devilfrog
2008-11-20, 09:09 PM
I'm a rookie user trying to create a railing for a second and third floor deck that leans outward 13 degrees. Been working on it for a few hours now with no success. The attached image shows what I'm trying to do. Any ideas would be appreciated!
<using Revit Arch 09>

mickaeL_renauD
2008-11-20, 09:30 PM
Create a Rail Profile(2d)...then load the profile into the project go to your rail properties and select the profile you created.

since you can't create more than one closed loop..you might have insert the same family profile and then offset the profile to get the angle you need.

Steve_Stafford
2008-11-21, 12:36 AM
Use the profile suggestion for the railing. You can insert additional railings in the Railing definition...supply an offset for each. This will be the hard part because you have to supply the correct offset value for each as the railing elevations rise to arrive at your 13 degee pitch.

sbrown
2008-11-21, 02:22 PM
this is a case that an in-place sweep is easiest, you can sketch the path selecting the slab edge, then draw the profile with multiple circles in the sketch.

aaronrumple
2008-11-21, 02:45 PM
this is a case that an in-place sweep is easiest, you can sketch the path selecting the slab edge, then draw the profile with multiple circles in the sketch.

Rather than an in-place sweep, I'd use a line based generic model with the sub category set to "Railing" This will give you the most control over visibility and look in plan/elevation/3d.

(What's code there for railings that create a ladder effect?)