PDA

View Full Version : 2/3 section panels?

trythefly
2008-11-21, 02:34 PM
Has anyone else found any 2 section & 3 section panel boards out there?

mhartmann
2008-11-21, 05:09 PM
i modified the ones that came with the program and added a few parameters. i copied the formula that they use to determine the panel's height by how many spaces it has, and made it double the width dimension if the number of spaces was 43 to 84.

trythefly
2008-11-21, 06:45 PM
That works good for multi section panels that are on the same wall. A lot of ours are mounted on different walls next to each other in tight spaces. Someone on autodesks forums shared one with me that said would do that. I will test it later and post results here....

trythefly
2009-03-05, 04:40 PM
i modified the ones that came with the program and added a few parameters. i copied the formula that they use to determine the panel's height by how many spaces it has, and made it double the width dimension if the number of spaces was 43 to 84.

Can you share what you have with me? I'd like to see that.

trythefly
2009-08-04, 02:28 PM
Did anyone ever figure out how to create these and have them schedule correctly?

mhartmann - Can you share what you modified with me?

mjdanowski
2009-08-12, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, there is currently no "main lugs" feature with RMEP, which makes certain panel arrangements kind of sketchy.

If you have two panel sections on two walls, I would just create a custom family that has the one panel hosted, and the other panel floating in space where you would want it on the other wall.

mhartmann
2009-08-13, 09:51 PM
here's the panel that i modifed. it's only a graphical fix, you just set the number of breakers to 84 (or anything higher than 42) and it goes to two section width. for your around the corner panel section, you could use the regular panel (that only shows as a single section) set for 84 breakers, that way it schedules as one panel, and just float a dummy single section panel on the adjacent wall. i wouldn't even assign it a voltage, so you won't circuit things to it by mistake.
hope that helps,
mike

jchand1990726401
2011-11-03, 11:28 PM
yeah i am trying to figure this out for myself. A guy in our company is familiar how to do this the correct way AND get the loads correct but idk this is my first time trying if i find an answer on it i will be sure to post.