PDA

View Full Version : Revit Crashes

cris_scotti
2008-11-21, 10:01 PM
I have Revit Architecture 2009.0.0, SP2, Build 20080915_2100. My PC is part of a peer-to-peer LAN, two computers in the network. I run Revit under Windows XP. Ever since the other computer was changed to Vista (about 2 weeks ago), Revit crashes a few minutes after bringing it up, whether it's active or idle. Occasionally stays up for several hours if it's idling, but as soon as I start any acitivity it crashes. I haven't been able to use Revit for over a week.
Two days ago I sent a support request to Autodesk and so far aIl I got is a question about my computer memory. It is 2,094,828 K, and the available memory is 1,244,240 K (this one is in constant change, but still over 1 GB).
I'll appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem.

Cristina

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-21, 10:15 PM
Cristina,

It may be something related to your graphic card as well. Because you installed vista, maybe the graphic card drivers being used now aren't the latest ones or maybe aren't well supported by Vista. You may check with the manufacturer for the latest drivers and check with yours. Also, you may post your computer specifications right here so people with the similar specifications can opine as well.

Andre Carvalho

cliff collins
2008-11-21, 10:24 PM
Do you have worksets enabled? If so, make sure all users have the same build and SP
on their machines.

Just a hunch--I discovered some crashing here and found that IT had not updated
all workstations w/ latest software.

Also, is it just your machine that crashes, on just a particular project?
Or are others also crashing on the same and/or different projects?

( i.e. is the problem isolated or office-wide? )

cheers......

cris_scotti
2008-11-22, 06:52 PM
Andre,

Thank you for your response. Actually, the first thing I did after the first couple of crashes was to disable the graphic card; infortunately Revit kept crashing. Also I'm not running Revit under Vista, but XP.

Cliff,
Thanks also to you. I do not have workses at all, I'm the only user in my tiny office. As for the crashes, they are unpredictable. The last ones occurred when I tried to close it.

Cristina

dhurtubise
2008-11-22, 08:07 PM
Where are the file stored? Your computer or the other computer?

cris_scotti
2008-11-25, 03:14 AM
I found that the problem was caused by Windows XP itself. Something must have been corrupted in its programs or files. I have switched my computer to Vista and the problem disappeared.
Many thanks to all of you who tried to help me. Your suggestions were all good, just they did not apply to my particular problem.

I'm closing this issue.

Cristina