PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Schedule

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-11-21, 10:16 PM
Got a quick question about equipment schedules. Normally, I will setup a schedule and create different generic families to represent the different pieces of equipment and tag them using the equipment tags. One of my coworkers has enlightened me about the way of keynoting and is trying to use keynotes to do the equipment schedule. Only problem is, its only showing the keynote number and description. All of the equipment information is listed (power, size, etc) but only those two things are showing up. Any ideas?

The equipment schedule was created in excel and exported into the keynote text file.

EDIT: After looking into it further, it appears that there are only two values that being picked up by the keynotes - the keynote number and the description. Is there any way to add or manipulate this in order to get Revit to recognize other categories like power, size, etc through keynotes?

mthurnauer
2008-11-22, 04:10 PM
I believe you were doing it correctly before. Tag them and create a equipment schedule and add all of the necessary fields to your schedule. If there are fields you want that are not available, you may want to add some shared parameters. I think this is much better approach than keynoting these.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-11-22, 05:10 PM
Yeah, we kind of came to that conclusion. I had always done the equipment schedule as a schedule but the idea of automating it through keynotes sounded intriguing. Unfortunately, you cannot add keynote categories. It would be nice to tag filled regions with a user keynote and be done with it instead of having to create individual families for the equipment schedule.

No big deal really.