PDA

View Full Version : TRUE NORTH

s17sharin
2008-11-23, 09:48 PM
Hi all
i know it has been asked several times but i still dont get it.
here it goes...
i have a project as shown in attached. now i intend to rotate the true north but NOT the project as shown with the red markings on the drawings so that all my view have that same direction for the true north and sun shading wen rendering also uses that same north direction.
Now wen i rotate the true north he whole building turns to rotate which i dont want. is dea somebody who could help me!!!
Thanks in advance

Norton_cad
2008-11-23, 10:47 PM
A step by step guide is attached...

luigi
2008-11-23, 10:58 PM
Hi all
i know it has been asked several times but i still dont get it.
here it goes...
i have a project as shown in attached. now i intend to rotate the true north but NOT the project as shown with the red markings on the drawings so that all my view have that same direction for the true north and sun shading wen rendering also uses that same north direction.
Now wen i rotate the true north he whole building turns to rotate which i dont want. is dea somebody who could help me!!!
Thanks in advance

Step by step will help....but it sounds like you are doing it correctly....but forget to look at your other views.

When you rotate True north, you are rotating True North...project north stays in the same location....you can only rotate true north when your view is set to "True North"...so the building will rotate....but only in the view that is set to be shown as "True North"....if you set your view to "Project North" or go to a view that is set to "Project North" your building would have remained in the same spot...

HTH