PDA

View Full Version : Revit Links - Materials

saeborne
2008-11-24, 07:18 PM
Hi All...

How can I control materials in a linked Revit model?

Why do I want this? This tends to be an issue with structural concrete columns, whose cut pattern is often controlled by the materials.

Thanks,

BC

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-24, 07:27 PM
You have to open the link and change the materials in there.... You cant do it from the host file.

saeborne
2008-11-24, 07:28 PM
Hrm... Didn't even consider that.

Seems like a "duh" moment.

Thanks,

BC

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-24, 07:39 PM
Happens to us all... :)

RCloona
2008-11-24, 07:42 PM
This question actually has nothing to do with materials, but line weights. Is there a way to turn off line weights in Revit when you print. I understand you can click the Thin Lines Icon to show line weights within the model, but does this icon control printing line weights as well? Thanks for your help!

saeborne
2008-11-24, 07:51 PM
Ok,

Follow up question...

I got this Revit model from a structural engineer, and this is my first go at coordinating with a Revit Consultant.

Please see the attached image. All of the slab edges are brown. How did he do that? I can't seem to set them back to black.

Here's what I've tried...

1) Checked Settings / Object Styles... Every subcategory under floors is set to black.
2) Checked View Visibility / Graphics settings... Everything is set to black.
3) I can individually over-ride each element to some other slab edge color... But the default seems to be set at black, not brown.

Where else should I look? Do structural engineers get different floor parameters than those that are visible in Revit Architecture?

Thanks,

BC