PDA

View Full Version : new builds

thomasf
2008-11-24, 09:55 PM
at my last job I was the CAD Manager & in-house IT guy. I always installed the latest build on my machine to test it before pushing it out to the other users. Everybody would be on 9.1 or RAC 2008; I would just have the latest build. We never had any issues, I am assuming because Revit recognized the file as a 9.1 rvt or a 2008 rvt.

At my current job I am just an end user. We are using an old build of RAC 2009; no service packs or web updates are installed. I have been requesting the latest build be installed on my machine because I am experiencing some of the known issues when exporting my drawings.

One of the guys from IT was in the process of installing Web Update #1 and stopped because one of the other IT guys claimed othe rpeople would not be able to open or work on the file unless they had the same build. Did something change b/w 08 & 09? I have never experienced that before; arfe the IT guys correct or just not as smart as they claim to be?

Just curiuos what other's experience is.

Scott Womack
2008-11-24, 10:02 PM
One of the guys from IT was in the process of installing Web Update #1 and stopped because one of the other IT guys claimed othe rpeople would not be able to open or work on the file unless they had the same build. Did something change b/w 08 & 09? I have never experienced that before; arfe the IT guys correct or just not as smart as they claim to be?

If you are working on a project with worksets enabled, it will not prevent others from accessing it, but it might cause the file to become "less stable". Autodesk has published that everyone that is working on a workset-enabled project needs to be on the exact same build of Revit. Personally, I have seen some odd behavior that disappeared once everyone working on that project (from that central file) was brought onto the same build.

Phillip_Miller
2008-11-25, 12:38 AM
If you are working on a project with worksets enabled, it will not prevent others from accessing it, but it might cause the file to become "less stable". Autodesk has published that everyone that is working on a workset-enabled project needs to be on the exact same build of Revit. Personally, I have seen some odd behavior that disappeared once everyone working on that project (from that central file) was brought onto the same build.

Would you also expect to see odd behavior between people using 32bit and 64 bit??

jeffh
2008-11-25, 04:02 AM
Would you also expect to see odd behavior between people using 32bit and 64 bit??

No. 32 and 64 bit Revit can function together in the same environment.

Andrew Dobson
2008-11-25, 05:06 PM
Is it possible to upgrade directly to the latest WU2 Service pack from the shipping CD and bypass WU1?