PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Drawing Sets

colin1182
2008-11-25, 11:29 PM
I was just wondering how other experiences revit users are handling multiple drawing sets? I have been using revit since 7.1 and have seen this done many different ways and our office is trying to choose the best way.

Currently we are duplicating our central file, then deleting the model elements and linking the central back into this copied file....the idea here is that you have a fresh file that will automatically update when work is done to the central file and we will not have to recreate any of the views for that particular drawing set because they already exist in the new file; we simply delete out the ones already created and that are no longer needed.

We previously tried to have mulitple sets (expansion sets, marketing sets, site permit sets, addendum sets) all within the same file. This did not work for a large number of reasons, one being that you cannot have duplicate view titles so the duplicated views would need new names, and also, the duplicated sections, elevations and callouts would appear in the heads on all drawing sets, not just the ones they are referring to and you'd have to go through hiding the unwanted ones in all the other sets which is hard to manage and time consuming.

anyone have any suggestions for the most practical and efficient way to have multiple drawing sets? the only issue ive had with the linking idea is that you cannot tag linked elements and you have to redo a lot of your 2D work, text notes and dimensions unless you want to link the view from teh main file. the problem there is that it limits visibility control to exactly what is shown in the linked file and not necessarily what you want to show in the addendum for instance. any advice would be greatly appreciated, im sure im not the only one wondering about this stuff.

cgish
2010-03-23, 04:34 PM
anyone have any suggestions for the most practical and efficient way to have multiple drawing sets?

I would love to hear an answer on this.

lwagene
2013-02-07, 10:46 PM
Is there any new thought on this issue. It is a HUGE problem within many firms and really needs to be addressed. We use to be able to do this in AutoCad... remember?!