PDA

View Full Version : duplicate Text/lines

winnwgomez
2008-11-26, 05:20 AM
In our revit model, I am finding many duplicated text/detail lines. Must have done by some user (pasting many times on urgent submissions)

Now while editing text we are finding at least 4 similar text staked on top of each other. Is there any way to find & delete duplicates? (In AutoCAD we have a command called “Overkill” to delete duplicate entities.) Does any API in the SDK samples help with this?

thanks
Winn

Norton_cad
2008-11-26, 05:34 AM
Select "ERROR CHECKING" from the tools menu, and it should identify any overlaping data errors, and allow you to pick which element is to be deleted.

winnwgomez
2008-11-26, 03:03 PM
i'm sorry Mark, but Is it revit Architecture you are talking about? i cant seem to find Error checking.

thanks

Winn

Norton_cad
2008-11-26, 10:31 PM
Yes I am refering to Revit Architecture.
If you look at the drop down menus available (File/Edit/View/Modelling/Drafting/Site/Tools/Settings/Window/Help), select the Tools one, and a large list of commands are listed. Near the bottom is the one called "Error Checking". Select this command & follow the prompts.

mibass
2010-03-17, 12:25 AM
I just received this error and found it relating to imported MS-word text. Importing using copy and paste into Revit text seemed to trigger issues.