PDA

View Full Version : Sections

Brian Myers
2008-11-26, 02:17 PM
There may not be a better answer than "that's Revit" but I'm hoping that there is. I recently had an interior elevation view that allowed normal Sections symbols to be created (and be shown) but wouldn't show Reference Sections when they were created. The answer was that the Annotation Crop was too close to the elevation.

My question: Any thoughts as to why a "normal" section would not be effected but a "reference" section would be? Length didn't seem to be the issue, I had them side by side and attempted to draw the reference section shorter and further away from the crop than the normal section.

Thanks in advance for any info. (Could their "Extents" be different?)

Scott Womack
2008-11-26, 05:31 PM
Any thoughts as to why a "normal" section would not be effected but a "reference" section would be? Length didn't seem to be the issue, I had them side by side and attempted to draw the reference section shorter and further away from the crop than the normal section.

IT could be, as you noted, due to the extents. When trying to reference an existing non-drafting view, it must be looking at the extents of the view you are trying to reference. When you create a NEW section in a view, it is taking the extents of the line you draw. Also, since you are creating it in that view the parent view is the default view, so it HAS to show up (Ptovided Sections are turned on in View/Graphics