PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Wall Footings

richard.carlisle
2008-11-26, 08:01 PM
I have some foundation walls drawn up using an 8" cement block type. Creating the wall was easy, but I don't see a way to add footings. Nothing really in the help file and A search here turned up posts talking about footings, but nothing really on how to add them. Is there a simple way?

I'm working with a cadClips tutorial that says to hover over the wall and hot tab, but that doesn't work.

Thanks...Ross

Scott Womack
2008-11-26, 08:58 PM
I have some foundation walls drawn up using an 8" cement block type. Creating the wall was easy, but I don't see a way to add footings. Nothing really in the help file and A search here turned up posts talking about footings, but nothing really on how to add them. Is there a simple way?

Go to the Structural Design Panel (You may have to hover over blank space in it and Right-click to make it visible) Click on Foundation\Wall. This will add a strip footing that attaches its top to the bottom of the wall.

richard.carlisle
2008-11-26, 09:13 PM
Go to the Structural Design Panel (You may have to hover over blank space in it and Right-click to make it visible) Click on Foundation\Wall. This will add a strip footing that attaches its top to the bottom of the wall.

I ended up making a new wall type the width and thickness that the footing needed to be. I then placed the wall (footing) under the block foundation wall. I did see a family in the family list called Structural Foundations. Is that what you are referring to by Structural Design Panel. Other than that, I don't see a panel labeled Structural Design.

Scott Womack
2008-11-26, 09:17 PM
I ended up making a new wall type the width and thickness that the footing needed to be. I then placed the wall (footing) under the block foundation wall. I did see a family in the family list called Structural Foundations. Is that what you are referring to by Structural Design Panel. Other than that, I don't see a panel labeled Structural Design.

Go to the left poortion, where Basic, View, Modeling and Detailing are, in a blank portion of that area, Right-click and in the resulting menu is an unchecked item called Structural. Look in there. It ia a basic part of Revit Architecture.

richard.carlisle
2008-11-26, 09:20 PM
Go to the left poortion, where Basic, View, Modeling and Detailing are, in a blank portion of that area, Right-click and in the resulting menu is an unchecked item called Structural. Look in there. It ia a basic part of Revit Architecture.

Thanks so much Scott. I didn't notice it hiding there.