PDA

View Full Version : plan representation of plug switch

s032079
2008-11-27, 01:58 PM
Hi

I would like to create a family of a plug switch in Revit MEP 2009. In 2D plan view it should be displayed as a symbol. This symbol is a bit special, in the way that it should be able to differ depending on how many switches that are located at the same place. If I have one switch the symbol consists of one line, if I have two swithes it consists of two lines, and so on.

I have thought of making different types in my family with different symbolic plan representation. However I am not convinced that this is an acceptable solution to the users that might want more flexibility. Is there anyone that has other suggestions?

Kind regards
Helle

tomnewsom
2008-11-27, 03:14 PM
Hi

I would like to create a family of a plug switch in Revit MEP 2009. In 2D plan view it should be displayed as a symbol. This symbol is a bit special, in the way that it should be able to differ depending on how many switches that are located at the same place. If I have one switch the symbol consists of one line, if I have two swithes it consists of two lines, and so on.

I have thought of making different types in my family with different symbolic plan representation. However I am not convinced that this is an acceptable solution to the users that might want more flexibility. Is there anyone that has other suggestions?

Kind regards
Helle

Different types, with symbolic lines turned on or off in the various types is the Most Revit way to do things. Ideally, your users shouldn't have to edit the family, so provide them with all possible types.