PDA

View Full Version : dimensions...without dimension text

J-G
2003-08-15, 06:54 PM
For details and such we typically dimension things and lable "See plan" or somthing like that. With Acad you could just edit the dim, but I can seem to find a good way to do this in Revit. I can add a prefix/ suffix, but I need to wipe out the dim text completely and insert my own.

Is there a way to do this or do I need to create a family?

Allen Lacy
2003-08-15, 07:10 PM
I don't think that this is possible. You could use a white filled region, then write text over that. I'm not sure that you need to "see plan" for dims with Revit. If you move something, all dimensions will change (unless it's a detail component in detail or section). HTH.

brentcarlson892079
2003-08-15, 07:19 PM
You don't have to use a filled region.
If the text you add is opaque, it'll cover the dim text.

J-G
2003-08-15, 07:19 PM
We use the "see plan" notation typically when we create details so that typical details can be applied to various conditions.

The filled region would work probably better then a family.

stitch1778
2003-08-15, 09:52 PM
Is there a way to make dimensions with nothing showing but the dimension text, ie none of hte ticks and lines

beegee
2003-08-16, 02:43 AM
Is there a way to make dimensions with nothing showing but the dimension text, ie none of hte ticks and lines

No, you can't turn off the ticksn'lines and leave text. But you could turn off the dimension completely and just substitute text for the dimension, if that helps.

jacob chavez
2003-08-16, 08:52 AM
You can make the dimension color white and change the text background to transparent. Then the dimensions don't show, but the text does. I don't know if this will cause any printing issues or not... haven't tried

JC