PDA

View Full Version : Edit Wall Profile

rrothwel
2008-12-01, 05:00 PM
So, I have put on wish list for a better opportunity to work with walls after you have edited the wall profile or have attached it to say a roof. Has anyone found easier ways than a create in place that will allow like parapet caps on a wall with diagnal profile? The walls top is always equal to it's bottom regadless of how the wall profile has been changed. It would be very cool. Have I just totally over looked something obvious or has anyone seen a clean solution to this?

patricks
2008-12-01, 06:35 PM
Are you referring to a coping running at an angle along the top edge of a wall with an edited profile? You are right, currently in-place is the only way to do this. However it works well for us, since you can just pick the edge of the wall for your path, set the profile to a loaded profile, and you're done.

rrothwel
2008-12-01, 07:22 PM
how do you load a profile or even give the created in place wall a finish, are you creating levels of walls so you can assign material to say a wall with stone up to 4'-6" and brick above? And to load a profile onto this wall, where do you get that option? I am racking my brain here

eric.piotrowicz
2008-12-01, 10:26 PM
You need to create a new profile family. There are several standard profile templates, just pick the one that works best for you. Once the family is complete load it into your project and under the modeling tab pick 'host sweep' and then 'wall sweep' select your newly loaded family from the pull down up top and then pick the wall you want capped.

Note: You might need to do a little trial and error to get the insertion point just right for the look you want to achieve. You can simply do a load into project each time you tweek it and over write the existing instances to modify all sweeps using that profile.