PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Arrays/Copy and Worksets

jerseydevil776
2004-10-06, 08:03 PM
I've made worksets for each Level. I have an electrical closet which i'm placing on Level 1 and in a Level 1 workset. I'm arraying and/or copying this group onto the other floors. How do i get the arrayed/copied closets to be placed on the appropriate worksets for that Level?

cmahoney
2004-10-06, 08:58 PM
If you want each element of your array to be on a different workset you will have to select and move them individually.

In the long run, you may want to reconsider your workset strategy. I find that the best strategies for defining worksets in a project revolve around the roles of the project team. If you are accustomed to dividing the labor in your project by level ( i.e. User 1 edits Level 1, User 2 edits Level 2, etc...) then your strategy might work. However, your actions contradict this. Your need to place, and perhaps edit, electrical closets on each floor suggests you need a workset for this. Perhaps one that contains just these closets or a larger one that contains other core functions of the building; eg. toilet rooms, elevator shaft and equipment rooms, mechanical shafts, etc...