PDA

View Full Version : Revit 7 - OK, So where's todays tidbit?

sjsl
2004-10-06, 08:26 PM
It's now 4pm est and still nothing? A crumb or two would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

J. Grouchy
2004-10-06, 08:37 PM
See what you started Mr. Conant? Now we're/they're all getting greedy...

David Conant
2004-10-07, 07:08 PM
Lots of work to do here in the factory so we can't spend all our time feeding you snacks.
If you don't quiet down, I'll turn around right now, and you won't get this one.

Les Therrien
2004-10-07, 07:13 PM
Ooooohhh
Aaaaaah!!

Scott D Davis
2004-10-07, 07:24 PM
Lots of work to do here in the factory so we can't spend all our time feeding you snacks.
If you don't quiet down, I'll turn around right now, and you won't get this one.
David! That is gonna be awesome! Just yesterday, I was trying to turn off layers in a linked DWG. I had to go back and forth between AutoCAD and Revit, to find the layer name, then turn it off.

Not to sound the least bit ungrateful about the introduction of this ability, but......could this be taken one step further, so you could just turn off without the query dialog? Basically, an "I don't care what layer its on, I just want it off" tool?

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-10-07, 09:47 PM
"I don't care what layer its on, I just want it off" tool?
Scott, I'd love to get some idea of what you think the toolbar icon for this one should look like ;-)
Good idea though. Tab to cycle through the linework in an imported dwg and right click to select "turn off layer in view"

One more item for customized right click functionality.

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-07, 10:01 PM
Maybe this? Behave like the Express Tools Freeze Layer...

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-07, 11:30 PM
Wow, Factory workers! The proletariat will truly be happy come 25 October!

Scott D Davis
2004-10-07, 11:40 PM
Scott, I'd love to get some idea of what you think the toolbar icon for this one should look like ;-)
Good idea though. Tab to cycle through the linework in an imported dwg and right click to select "turn off layer in view"

One more item for customized right click functionality.
I don't even see it being a right-click. Too many menus to do repeatedly. I think it should be a button or Tool "Hide in View" then just start picking things with normal left-click.

FK
2004-10-08, 03:30 PM
Wow, Factory workers! The proletariat will truly be happy come 25 October!
Stay vigilant, comrade.

LRaiz
2004-10-08, 04:43 PM
Wow, Factory workers! The proletariat will truly be happy come 25 October, 1917!
This brings nightmares. Did you know that Bolshevik (communist) revolt in Russia happened October 25? (Mind you they had a different calendar then). Words factory, proletariat, and October 25 used together really evoke bad associations.

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-08, 04:58 PM
Faux pas, anyone? Those same words for me conjure memories from Orwell's 1984. The fact that 25 October happens to be the same date for the release as well as the start of the revolution is an odd coincidence, and an unhappy one for those from the Soviet Union.

Of course, we Westerners have little recall of those events. Has your family continued to pass memories of those events down? I had family in the Halifax area during the massive ship explosion in 1917 that levelled the city, so that's a theme in our familiy's history. I have a cousin whose birth on 6 December always reminds us how fortunate our family was to have survived the explosion (it was my great-grandparents). 1917 seems to have been a year of tumult for both of our families.

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-08, 05:01 PM
...This brings nightmares...For this Wes...you get 7.0 one week later :razz:

J. Grouchy
2004-10-08, 05:12 PM
...I have a cousin whose birth on 6 December...

My sister's birthday...and mine in 10 September.

Odd coincidence...our birthdays are each one day before the anniversary of major attacks on our homeland...

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-08, 05:24 PM
For this Wes...you get 7.0 one week later :razz:No kidding, eh. The forum should hand out demerit points for cultural insensitvity (or ignorance, since I am routinely pained by how little I know)

FK
2004-10-08, 05:32 PM
This brings nightmares. Did you know that Bolshevik (communist) revolt in Russia happened October 25? (Mind you they had a different calendar then).
To make the numerology complete, note that in the Gregorian calendar it's November 7, which corresponds to the release number.

But you are right: that's not the kind of a revolution I'd juxtapose with Revit.

MartyC
2004-10-09, 12:45 AM
My birthday is September 11........no kidding!

Forever the optimist, every time a wake on my birthday, I know most of the world is also celebrating/remembering my birthday!......................On the other hand,....Die Bin Laden!!!

CheersM