PDA

View Full Version : Wall hatch disappearing in plan

abasgall
2008-12-03, 11:14 PM
I have some rogue walls that are stumping me. Their hatch is not showing up in plan. The confusing part is that it is happening randomly - I'm using an 8" CMU wall several times, and yet in only one case the hatching disappears. But, it is also happening in another wall type as well (randomly). I know that it happened when I changed my view depth to see the lower levels (lowered the view depth), but I don't understand why. I really need the view depth lower to avoid dealing with plan regions. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Amber

dhurtubise
2008-12-04, 12:43 AM
Does it disappear when you print?
Do you have any detail component in the view that could ovelray the wall?
oes this wall fell behind the view range when you modifiy it?

Jun Austria
2008-12-04, 12:52 AM
I have some rogue walls that are stumping me. Their hatch is not showing up in plan. The confusing part is that it is happening randomly - I'm using an 8" CMU wall several times, and yet in only one case the hatching disappears. But, it is also happening in another wall type as well (randomly). I know that it happened when I changed my view depth to see the lower levels (lowered the view depth), but I don't understand why. I really need the view depth lower to avoid dealing with plan regions. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Amber

What released are you using? Mine with WU3 doing a "Split Face" makes my wall dissapear but the face I split remains. Then again, this also happen randomly. Kinda hard to pin point the problem. My workaround is just to create another wall as a plaster type and build it on the troubled wall in order to complete my multi-finished wall.

sjsl
2008-12-04, 01:25 AM
Are they in the same Phase? Check Element Properties

Have you change the View Graphics by element? Check Overide Graphics by Element

Are the walls set by Cousre , Medium or Fine?

Are the walls all the same hieght? Check the Element Properties

Are you using Plan Regions/ (not clear in your remarks)

Are they all on the same level or have you created Callouts?

mmiles
2008-12-04, 03:16 PM
I am not sure what is happening exactly, but I had something similar (I think) happen. Here is the link to my post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=89757 , search "wall join covering wall hatch" (or something like that) for my post. Maybe it will help you....if is the same problem as me, it is a wall join issue - resolved by using a couple of techniques related to pulling the walls apart and togehter again.

good luck, I hope this helps

abasgall
2008-12-04, 05:00 PM
I'm using 2009. I messed with it some more and found out once again it was just a tiny checkbox that needed checking. I just had to click "no-clip" under "Depth Clipping" instead of "clip" or "clip without line." Thanks everyone for the help.