PDA

View Full Version : Property lines in 3d view

Wagurto
2008-12-04, 02:11 PM
Hi guys, how can I make the property lines visible from a 3d view?
thanks

saeborne
2008-12-04, 02:27 PM
Hrm... I can't get it to work either. I had to re-"pick" the property lines with a model line, to get them to display in 3D.

PS... Dashed lines don't work in perspective views, just the regular 3D views.

mtyp
2008-12-05, 02:12 AM
I'd go and use the Split Topography tool to the property line and then override the line using the Linework Tool in your 3D view

tvorkoper
2010-04-20, 05:53 PM
I cant get the linework tool to 'pick' my split topo line in 3D view???

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-04-20, 08:19 PM
Short answer is, you can't.
Workarounds include, but are not limited to
- Model lines (they won't follow the contours of your topo surface)
- Split the top surface to create a distinction between site and site boundary (won't be able to snap to the boundary edges of the split top to dimension:?)
- create an in-place extrusion along the edges of the property line so it can be seen in 3D and snapped to

wmullett
2010-04-20, 08:27 PM
I split the site at the property line and show the site as a slightly different color. Two different shades of green for grass ...etc

cliff collins
2010-04-20, 08:28 PM
Good old Site Tools..... with all the new stuff in 2011 I wish they had at least "touched"
the site tools, even if just to add some very small fixes, like Property Lines showing up
in 3D ( or raster images--wouldn't that be nice? )

There is a new plug-in coming out called LandCadd for Revit which might offer some hope:

http://www.eaglepoint.com/solutions/workflow/office/landscape/landcaddforrevit.asp?id=lc4raugi#Top

Costs about $1000. LOL explaining that to management........

I don't know if it will fix the Prop. Line problem or not.

cheers....

JH75
2010-04-30, 12:48 AM
Hi,
Does this mean that we can’t locate the property lines in a section either?
Thanks,
J

dfriesen
2010-04-30, 05:35 PM
Hi,
Does this mean that we can’t locate the property lines in a section either?

Correct. Workaround: you can place some Reference Planes along your property line, in plan view, and then any sections that are perpendicular to the property line will show that Ref Plane. (then you can add a detail line to represent the PL)