PDA

View Full Version : Why will some elements not rotate?

cadman6735
2008-12-04, 04:32 PM
I am trying to rotate a building 90degs

I have tried Project Position/Orientation

I have tried 3D view and just selecting all my elements and rotating them

Most of the project rotates as desired but some elements stay behind in the original position. Furniture and some plumbing fixtures

We are using phases and I have all phases turned on in the view I want to rotate and all elements are present.

I can select each element independently of each other and they rotate just fine into position. But there are too many to select each one, one at a time.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Mike Hardy-Brown
2008-12-05, 01:46 PM
Hi Cadman6735
If you are using the Project position orientation, have a look at your view properties. It could well be that you are in project north. Check help file on Project / true north rotation.
I would suggest not rotating the building as you describe, unless it is linked in.
If your REALLY have to, possibly look at grouping everything in the 3d view.

Hope that helps
:beer:

bnelson.188587
2009-01-15, 07:54 PM
I am having a similar issue. I have a project I started, everything is unpinned, everything is phased "existing". I am on my main floor plan view and go to tools-project position/orientation-rotate project north. Every time it tells me "can't rotate into this position". I just checked and it seems that all my views were already to project north, so I changed all of them to the true north setting.
Is there something else that I'm missing? I need to be able to turn my project so I can fit this long, skinny building on sheet! Thanks.

aggockel50321
2009-01-16, 04:03 PM
Easiest way I find is to turn on the crop region border, select it, hit the rotate tool.

Note that when you input an angle, the view rotates opposite of what you'd expect.

d11sunshine
2009-01-28, 07:54 PM
It doesn't work to rotate crop view if you have another model linked.
I just had an architect send me a model that was rotated 180 degrees and I'm struggling figure out how to rotate my model ... keeping the section cuts, detail lines etc on the drawing as it's rotated. If I delete all the section cuts I can go to tools - project position and rotate my model, but none of the detail lines go with it and my model is not lined up with the architectural after rotation. ??? Is there an easy answer?

kathy71046
2009-01-28, 11:08 PM
Can you rotate the linked model instead?

d11sunshine
2009-02-02, 02:05 PM
Can't really rotate their model because they are linking in our model as well.

ELB-Revit
2009-08-18, 09:45 PM
Can't really rotate their model because they are linking in our model as well.

i have a similar problem.... i have a concrete truss and i cannot rotate it in elevation, 3d or section..... any ideas..??? thanks in advance.
eric