PDA

View Full Version : Cut Planes for Windows - I thought I knew how but . . .

rganter.97143
2008-12-04, 04:33 PM
This thread http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=58323 has been very helpful with regards to cut plane and plan display issues for window families. I am aware that the height of the cut plane within the window family and within nested families will largely determine what the window will look like in plan - not the project cut plane.

However, we have a window family where the window head will hide the rest of the window (mullions, frames - everything below) no matter where I set the cut plane in the window family. The only way I can make the window show up correctly is by turning off the plan/RCP visibility for the head section of the frame. But that makes the vertical mullions disappear too because they are joined to the head. And we really need the frame & mullion pieces to be joined. Does anybody have any other idea how to fix this? The window looks fine if I turn the project view to wireframe.

FYI, the frame and mullion pieces are all nested face-based generic model families, which don't have a cut plane perpendicular to the long dimension of the mullion or frame piece. Maybe that's the problem?

Any insight appreciated.

camkruger
2009-04-18, 06:03 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem you describe. Did you ever come up with a solution?

tgorter
2009-08-18, 11:13 PM
Did you ever get this figured out? i am having same issue . . .

mcaddc
2009-08-19, 12:51 AM
Have you tried to utilise symbolic lines to achieve your required plan graphic?

Limbatus
2012-12-26, 09:25 PM
symbolic lines + masking regions may work, but then your plan output is limited to hidden line mode.