PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

Alek Sutulov
2003-08-16, 02:48 PM
Is it possible to create a shed alike roof surface over 2 end walls which have 4 different heights at their ends?

jkendsersky
2003-08-16, 03:55 PM
Alek,

If you’re trying to create a planar roof that has four different vertices refer to the AutoDesk Revit FAQ’s. Go to the AutoDesk Revit home page. Select Support / Support FAQ / Design Bar / Modeling / Roof / How can a planar roof be created when all that is known is the elevation at the vertices?

I hope this helps…

Alek Sutulov
2003-08-16, 05:55 PM
Joe,
the roof I am trying to create spans between series of sloped frames with different slope angle. The roof surface is thus non-planar. The FAQ article you reffered me to explains a planar roof creation. It says that another solution for non-planar roof has to be found but no references to that respect. Does it mean it can't be done with available tools?
Thanks

jkendsersky
2003-08-16, 06:40 PM
Alek,

My first sentence is incorrect sorry… I meant three vertices not four.

If you’re trying to create a planar roof that has four different vertices refer to the AutoDesk Revit FAQ’s.

If it is not actually a plane, the roof will need to be created of multiple planar surfaces.

jkendsersky
2003-08-16, 07:00 PM
Alek,

Another option that you can try is to create the roof as an inplace family solid blend.

See sample project.

Joe

Alek Sutulov
2003-08-16, 08:03 PM
Thanks Joe,
thats exactly what I was looking for.