PDA

View Full Version : Changing Capitlaization of room tags

banham
2008-12-09, 01:36 PM
Hi all,
I'm new at this posting questions so I hope this is the right place. I've created a room tag with upper and lower case font- I'm trying to change to all uppers but when you load it in the project nothing changes, how come and how do I fix this?

Thanks,
Carmen

aggockel50321
2008-12-09, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Once you've loaded your new tag, go to a view where you wish to change them, select all the tags in the view, and then scroll down through the type selector and select the tag family and type you've loaded.

dhurtubise
2008-12-09, 02:18 PM
Avatech have a free utility to do that

banham
2008-12-09, 02:20 PM
selected all, edit family, edit label to all caps, but the existing tags still remain upper and lower case. Do I have to go in and change each label individually?
Thanks so much for the reply and help- this is great!!

dhurtubise
2008-12-09, 02:21 PM
selected all, edit family, edit label to all caps, but the existing tags still remain upper and lower case. Do I have to go in and change each label individually?
Thanks so much for the reply and help- this is great!!

http://www.avatech.com/solutions/building-design/product-details.aspx?product=44

banham
2008-12-10, 01:48 PM
Thank you so much for this link- what a great help!! It saved so much time

dhurtubise
2008-12-10, 02:30 PM
Thank the Avatech people :-)

Beau.Turner
2008-12-10, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback and glad you are finding the tools useful (there are more in development). :)

In addition to the Change Case command, we (Avatech) just released a new application built to run on top of Revit called BIMreview. This is a paid tool and allows you to check & report information within the model. example: report with a table showing every location of annotation that is not set to uppercase and of course you can automatically correct it giving you the best of both worlds (hard data to share with team & management) and a quick correction option.

http://www.avatech.com/bimreview if you want to know more please ask.

dhurtubise
2008-12-10, 03:24 PM
Banham want my advice on this one to??? GO GET IT :-)
Great for managing standards and especially in split models