PDA

View Full Version : Purge Areas and Area Boundries

NKramer
2008-12-09, 11:50 PM
I had several areas in my project that I couldn't not find. Apparently someone had created area plans at some point and then decided that they did not need them. The only way that I could find the areas and their associated boundaries was to recreate the area plans. Aparently Revit treats them as actual model lines (so that they show up on other area plans?) not view specific annotation items.

I guess this is kind of good and bad at the same time. If we no longer need the areas is there any good way of purging them out? or do I have to go through every single level, create a new area plan for each area scheme, and delete them that way?

I need some of the areas in the scheme otherwise I would try deleting the entire scheme and see if they actually went away (although I don't know how you would really confirm this).

Any thoughts or ideas?

Nick

aggockel50321
2008-12-10, 01:15 PM
Try creating an area schedule for the project.

You'll be able to delete them there by selecting each one and hitting the delete button at the top of the schedule.

dhurtubise
2008-12-10, 02:41 PM
You will have to go with the schedule since you can't do a select All Instances with Area or Area Boundary :-(
And they will stay in the schedule anyways

NKramer
2008-12-10, 03:03 PM
Try creating an area schedule for the project.

You'll be able to delete them there by selecting each one and hitting the delete button at the top of the schedule.

I thought about the schedule but the area boundaries are still left in the project. I know thats probably being picky but on a large project every little bit helps. That and if someone goes to create a new area there may be random boundaries already placed...

Nick

dhurtubise
2008-12-10, 03:09 PM
Since Area Boundary are Model Lines, go into each area view, select all and filter. Then delete.

aggockel50321
2008-12-10, 08:08 PM
Funny, I went to a project with area plans & schedules, opened an area schedule, and then deleted one of the area views tabulated in the schedule. The areas remained.:?

Then I went to a 3d view, selected everything, and tried to filter out the area boundaries. All other line types, including room separation were picked up, but not area boundaries.

They must reside in their own little world!

chodosh
2008-12-10, 09:47 PM
Yep, own little world = the View Workset where they're drawn...
HTH,
LC

NKramer
2008-12-10, 10:33 PM
Yep, own little world = the View Workset where they're drawn...
HTH,
LC

If that is the case then why did they remain after the view was deleted and show up on another view that I created later on (specifically to find them)?

Nick