PDA

View Full Version : Window Schedule

rob.127056
2008-12-11, 01:09 AM
Is there a way to show the elevation name where a window is located in a window schedule (i.e. North Elevation, West Elevation...)?

Jun Austria
2008-12-11, 01:51 AM
Is there a way to show the elevation name where a window is located in a window schedule (i.e. North Elevation, West Elevation...)?

Not a good practice I say. You just making the contructors job more easier.

gordolake
2008-12-11, 03:16 AM
You need to add shared parameters to your windows which can then be scheduled. We do this for orientation, glazed area and shading widths.

rob.127056
2008-12-11, 02:53 PM
Actually this not for the contractor. The local planning department requires a percentage of windows to wall caluclation. This needs to be done by level and elevation.
I did do a shared paprameter but I am not sure how to get the elevation location to show up automatically. I put my parameter under "Identity Data", is this correct?
Thanks.

Scott Womack
2008-12-11, 06:22 PM
Actually this not for the contractor. The local planning department requires a percentage of windows to wall caluclation. This needs to be done by level and elevation.
I did do a shared paprameter but I am not sure how to get the elevation location to show up automatically. I put my parameter under "Identity Data", is this correct?
Thanks.

Where you place it does not realy matter. Those parameter locations are just for convenience. There is no way that you can automate that parameter without custom programing.

gordolake
2008-12-11, 11:35 PM
Select all windows in a particular elevation and update the shared parameter to reflect the direction with what ever text you need, sort and group your schedule by level and elevation shared parameter, make it a calculated values then it totals up for each level / elevation.

You will still need to divide the wall areas by glazed areas for the percentage. (reported wall areas have openings already deducted in the quantities)

Jun Austria
2008-12-12, 05:57 AM
Thanks.

I didnt know you local planning department is that strict. Here in Brunei we only grive the "Window Schedule" plus the "Ventilation Schedule". The "Ventilation Schedule" enumerates all habitable area and the area of the windows provided. But sorry if I didnt answer your question.