PDA

View Full Version : Revit Structure -> ASD

Chilenito007
2008-12-11, 04:46 AM
How, What, Why....

The HOW.
Want to export Revit Structure model to ASD

The WHY.
To create Automatic connections.(Structural Steel Detailing)

The WHY.
and Why not!!!!!

Has anybody achieved this.

fernando
2008-12-11, 04:11 PM
How: Metal Solution
Draw model in Revit Structure.
Export model as CIS to ASD and create detailed conections and plates.
The final 3D model from ASD could be exported as an *.ACIS object to be inserted as a complet detailed model in Revit Structure or Revit Architecture

See this thread http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=79583

AUGI Forums > AUGI Technical (English) > AEC > Revit > Revit Structure Support > AutoCAD Structural Detailing
AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

Chilenito007
2008-12-12, 12:02 AM
Hi Fernando,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have done all of the Above.
Problem I'm having is when importing CIS to ASD, dialogue pops up 'DATA IMPORT - unrecognised name changing'. eg. members using 700WB115 & 500WC383 from Revit St. When I map the ASD members in ASD & click OK nothing happens.

fernando
2008-12-12, 01:38 AM
maybe the problem is that you are using a member in RST that don´t exist in the ASD template you are using. Prior to the import, check for the member you are going to use, ASD don´t create a new object with the geometry imported from RST, it draw a geometry based in the vector data, and reference of each member, but need to have it inside is draw when doing the import.

kathy71046
2008-12-14, 05:03 AM
You need to set the correct profile Library in ASD prior to importing, and even then, there can be issues.

The interface was released and promoted before it was actually ready to be used.....

This is a known bug, and if you have the Robot analsys package you can fix it by importing to that first, but currently it is buggy, and scheduled for getting fixed.