PDA

View Full Version : Separate OSNAPS from MEP snaps

mighkel
2008-12-12, 01:59 PM
I like it the way it was in ABS 05 & 06 (toggle osnaps, while MEP snaps stay on). I've never had a reason to turn off MEP snaps on-the-fly, but I'm always needing the ACAD osnaps out of my way temporarily, while still using MEP snaps. An example of this would be doing a 2D-to-3D conversion, tracing over an xref'd plan.

Is there a way to code it such that we can leave ACAD osnaps on F3 for mainstream acad users, and configure MEP snaps for a function key that we don't use... say F4? I know some people use tablets, so I don't suggest a universal F-key swap, though I'm all FOR it if that particular toggle is obsolete.

As little as I would need to turn off MEP snaps, I would be fine with having to open the dialog box and uncheck MEP snap boxes, if there was no way to add another toggle.

mighkel
2009-05-15, 01:57 PM
Not much action on this one here, but Adesk Discussion Groups is getting some hits...

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=666297&tstart=0

Maybe it's time to do some recruiting :-P

cad1.154422
2009-05-16, 11:55 AM
I made a keyboard toggle that set OSMODE and BOSMODE

Wish I knew how to assign it to F3 and make it a three-way toggle i.e. no snaps/acad snaps/mep snaps

RobertB
2009-06-09, 08:36 PM
BOSMODEI believe you mean AecbOsMode.

Michael.c
2009-06-15, 06:17 AM
Why can there not be a facility whereby we can have the choice of turning off snapping to x-refs, while leaving on snapping to objects WITHIN the drawing?
This seems so basic and fundamental that I don't understand why it hasn't been a standard feature since....er....ABBA were around?

RobertB
2009-06-19, 03:13 AM
Why can there not be a facility whereby we can have the choice of turning off snapping to x-refs, while leaving on snapping to objects WITHIN the drawing?
This seems so basic and fundamental that I don't understand why it hasn't been a standard feature since....We snap, both AutoCAD and MEP, to XRefs all the time. However, in the spirit of "no one case fits all" it sounds good to me. Just spend the development dollars of fixing bugs and performance first.

....er....ABBA were around?<snort>

Mark_R
2010-02-11, 04:10 PM
Finally joined AUGI just to come vote on this.

This is a pain, definitely need to be able to toggle MEP snaps separately.