PDA

View Full Version : Find objects associated with level???

christo4robin
2008-12-12, 04:16 PM
I have an old level I want to delete. Problem is, when I delete it, I don't get a warning, and things just disappear (walls, rails, etc.)

Is there a simple way to identify all objects that reference a particular level?

Thanks,

arqt49
2008-12-12, 04:31 PM
Create a multi-category schedule with the level field included.
Sort the schedule by level, without instances itemized.
Then select that level in the schedule.

Scott Womack
2008-12-12, 05:05 PM
Create a multi-category schedule with the level field included.
Sort the schedule by level, without instances itemized.
Then select that level in the schedule.

You'll also have to make a schedule for each of the system families, since they do not appear in Multi-catagory schedules. So you'll also have to make one for walls, floors, etc. to be able to tell exactly what it will delete. It sounds like you have walls either top constrained to the level you want to delete, or walls that were drawn on that level.

arqt49
2008-12-12, 05:22 PM
You'll also have to make a schedule for each of the system families, since they do not appear in Multi-catagory schedules.

That is correct, Scott.
Maybe a material takeoff schedule does the trick. It has the level field too.

patricks
2008-12-12, 06:33 PM
This sounds like something that could be accomplished via API. I have no idea how that works, though.

*edit* BOOM! :D

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71280

gordolake
2008-12-15, 12:18 AM
Maybe a good wish list item for a "highlight objects associated with level" button.

mbalsom
2008-12-15, 01:25 AM
sounds like you need this-
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71280&highlight=GET+LEVEL
Found on API forum works great

STHRevit
2008-12-15, 05:40 AM
OK I must be missing something.
I cant seem to get it to work.

I have updated my ini file and placed the dll file
C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Program

I can get the menu into Revit, Tools, External Tools, Get Level.

However it doesn't seem to do anything?

Any tips?

mbalsom
2008-12-15, 09:07 AM
Andrew hope this helps. I think pdf,s should explain how to get it running. Get back if you have a problem,

Mark

christo4robin
2008-12-15, 07:40 PM
MB et. al.,

Perfect, and thanks for posting the clarifying .pdf files. BTW, walls do not have level as a schedule-able field.

STHRevit
2008-12-16, 12:44 AM
Thanks MB,
The pdf's are great, worked perfectly, all i neede to do was create the folder for the dll file.

I did notice you have a "find and replace" dll. Any chance of sharing that as well, or let me know where you got it from?

Thanks again, much appreciated.

mbalsom
2008-12-16, 01:01 AM
Andrew
find and replace link-
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30343&highlight=FIND+REPLACE&page=6
This is great,my favourite, selects all similar text throughout project then replaces with new text. It's worth keeking an eye on the API section of the Revit forum for these applications. The guy,s writing these are true legends.

Mark