PDA

View Full Version : PLOTTING SLOW AFTER WINDOWS XP UPGRADE

DEBBIS
2004-10-08, 12:20 AM
I AM USING AUTOCAD LT 2002 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS PLOTTING TO HP DESKJET 930C PRINTER AND HP DESIGNJET 500. HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED WINDOWS XP SP2 AND IT NOW TAKES AN ETERNITY TO PLOT MY FILES. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHO MAY KNOW HOW TO FIX. NO LUCK WHEN CONTACTING MICROSOFT SUPPORT.

Koutayba
2004-11-05, 05:40 PM
I AM USING AUTOCAD LT 2002 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS PLOTTING TO HP DESKJET 930C PRINTER AND HP DESIGNJET 500. HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED WINDOWS XP SP2 AND IT NOW TAKES AN ETERNITY TO PLOT MY FILES. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHO MAY KNOW HOW TO FIX. NO LUCK WHEN CONTACTING MICROSOFT SUPPORT.

When we updated we did not experiance this problem. Is this a case where it's the same exact file name/size and when plotted after upgrade it takes a long time? goto HP website and see if they have any warning on SP2 updates and their hardware.

robert.1.hall72202
2004-11-05, 06:25 PM
Yeah I have sometimes experienced slow plotting.....this is mainly due to xp/networking issues. Nobody pays attention to this stuff on the software side because they figure as long as you can print, your good. Course they can always blame AutoDesk, but then again, Autodesk doesn't need windows to operate :-P