PDA

View Full Version : working on a structural framing plan....

ntnik
2008-12-15, 05:36 PM
I'm putting in my bar joists under my floors....i placed them in my reflected ceiling plan and in my floor plan with the floor (that hosts joist) hidden.....i went to double check my heights.....i assumed they attached to the underside on my 4" thick concrete deck....i started cutting a few sections through the space and they (the bar joists) do not show up...i checked visibility settings and structural framing is on and the view properties are set to new show all.....barjoist were placed as "new".....what am i missing???

cliff collins
2008-12-15, 05:43 PM
Place the joists/beams in a Structural Framing Plan. Use a View Template for this.
Use each Floor Plan as an underlay, so you can see it in the Framing Plan.

Also, consider using a Structural Beam System--instead of placing individual joists.
Using a rectangular sketch, you can palce the joists at a specified centering in one step--
and then edit the Structural Beam System if size/spacing changes.

cheers.....

reviot
2008-12-16, 03:08 AM
Check your Detail Level visibility - Coarse, Medium, Fine - as a lot of the structural components are set to only show as stick representation in Coarse. Changing to Medium or Fine should give you the structural profile.

ntnik
2008-12-16, 10:07 PM
loving the 2009 structural beam system....didn't know what you were talking about and it just took doing it wrong a few times to figure it out....whats a good way to set up a framing plan....i always feel like i have to wrestle with view depths ....would prefer to cut below the floor i'm showing structure for ......suggestions

cliff collins
2008-12-16, 10:15 PM
Glad Beam Systems are helping....

Set View Depth cut plane offset to say -2' below level the floor is on.
Also, see if you have an out-of the box Structural Framing Plan view or view template
that you can apply to your view.....

Cheers....

nsinha73
2009-02-24, 08:06 PM
Oh My Word! I have never used Revit Beam Systems untill now...Gosh It could have saved me so many hours of Freaking Rafter and truss placements :-D
Now here i am exploring and playing with this....
I place my Rafters, now I wanna have an opening for Access Hatch.....Do I manually frame it or there is another cool way which I have not discovered yet...

Thanks guys!!