PDA

View Full Version : Annotating a 3d view

scowsert
2008-12-15, 11:07 PM
I've got a 3d view that I'd like to annotate. Do you have some tips for me? I can't put symbols in that view. I'm assuming that my best bet is to annotate on top of the view on the final print sheet? I suppose I could dwg it out then bring it back into make it a dumb detail. I'd prefer to keep the view live.

Btw... I did try search but the word 3d is just too short and caused problems. If you are aware of a good post I'd love a link to it.

Thanks Sage

christo4robin
2008-12-15, 11:57 PM
Sage,

Defining your workplane is key to dimensioning 3d views. Text notes are not a problem in a 3d view, and spot elevations also work just fine. If by annotation you mean adding detail components, then you may be best served by exporting to dwg and importing.

scowsert
2008-12-15, 11:59 PM
Sage,

Defining your workplane is key to dimensioning 3d views. Text notes are not a problem in a 3d view, and spot elevations also work just fine. If by annotation you mean adding detail components, then you may be best served by exporting to dwg and importing.

Right now I'm thinking of drawing in gridlines (the 3d ones won't show) and perhaps some detail bubble (symbols).

psteel
2008-12-19, 04:49 PM
If and when we need to annotate a 3d view be it section boxed etc, we always
add the text in the dawing sheet. We find its much cleaner and if you add views
you can manipulate the text.

Hope it helps