PDA

View Full Version : Family parameters into shared

mmiles
2008-12-16, 03:14 PM
Is there a way to extract the different parameters in a family to get them into the shared parameter file? Currently, I am just (re)learning about how to create the shared parameter file and I would like to have several parameters from window and door families to report in my schedule. The manual input seems tedious and I was looking for a way to streamline the process. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

dhurtubise
2008-12-16, 03:15 PM
What parameter are you talking about? Did you inserted project parameter and now you want them to be Shared Parameter?

mmiles
2008-12-16, 05:15 PM
I have window families that have parameters which control geometry, and which report other conditions. For example: my opening is controlled by Width (system parameter) - and that is the same as my "Frame Width" parameter. I want the Frame Width to schedule. And, I have the impression that that paramter must be "shared". So...what is best way to do this?

There are several other parameters like that. I was just hoping to find a way to extract the parameters in a list view to compare side by side with all the window families to both check they have same parameters, and to have as a reference when making the shared parameters file. Additionally, if there were a tool which allowed me to select the parameters directly from the family I would like to know where/how it is.

Calvn_Swing
2008-12-16, 09:01 PM
In the families, you can modify the parameter, and select "shared" instead of "family". This will take you to your shared parameter file to select a shared parameter. You'll probably need to edit, re-type the parameter name and information, and then select it. You can thereby replace the family parameters with shared parameters. Reload the family into your project and you'll then be able to add those parameters to your schedule.

There is no easy button...