PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Tool - Bring to Front

mmiles
2008-12-16, 08:42 PM
I select one detail item and I can use the display order tools. If I select more than one detail item (detail lines behind a masking region) and the option is no longer available to me. I cannot find this tool in the menus either. Is this a limitation of the program? Or, am I missing something? Thanks.

There is a masking region in a detail group that is causing me trouble. If I select move to back, it continues to cover detail lines, and components. Is there a known issue with using masking regions in groups?

FYI: Roof is modeled by footprint, but trusses are actually being used. So: masking region to block view of roof structure, and detail groups of lines for truss info.

Richard at AA
2008-12-16, 11:03 PM
Revit uses a database to store each parameter of each element. It is a limitation of the program and the way it stores information. Revit has to know what order everything is in and no two elements are in the same 'place', so you cannot select two items to 'Send to Back' because Revit does not know which of the ones you have selected are supposed to be further back than the others.