PDA

View Full Version : Revit Arc Walls "choppy"

mbeham
2008-12-17, 01:46 PM
I have a handful of files that have been done by a user at our company that when you look at the arc walls in any view they are not actually appearing as an arc but a bunch of choppy lines. It exports this way to AutoCAD as well. Its actually modeling what you see even if you draw a new arc wall. Anyone ever seen this before? The fix is to take and copy the entire model to another file but i guess i need to know what the cause is. In AutoCAD i would do a viewres command and set it higher. In Revit I'm not sure what it could be. I've tried adjusting the scale it does nothing. I have also switched the units because these are all done in metric. Anyone have any suggestions?

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-17, 01:52 PM
Mindy-

How far from the origin is that project? This looks like the graphical artifact that you get when the project is ten billion feet away from the origin.

is there an AutoCAD import anywhere in the project?

Go to a floor plan with NO crop region, and import this file Origin to Origin.

How far are the walls from it?

mbeham
2008-12-17, 02:41 PM
That was my thought too....and after investigating the site model they have linked into revit from autocad the back of the site was 5,070,145 feet from the origin...not too far at all...lol...so now im trying to recreate the problem to verify that is indeed what is wrong. Then figure out if i can fix it without copying the model to a new file. since we have about 10 of them.

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-17, 02:53 PM
I promise you, thats the problem. been through it a million times.

If the job isnt very far along, you can select the entire model and relocate it the distance to the origin. My suggestion, is draw a model line first, so you have a point of reference when you realize you missed stuff. Youll have to move all the views too, and a whole bunch of stuff will get out of whack.

Im sorry to say, ive restarted and remodeled entire retail facilities over it, lol.... File > New, Link in the one thats 5 billion miles away (center to center), place it at the origin and start remodeling. BUT, in those specific cases it was just faster. Im not saying you should do that...