PDA

View Full Version : Solid Hatch and Pattern together

Andre Baros
2008-12-17, 05:15 PM
We use a solid gray hatch pattern to indicate existing to remain in remodeling projects and hatch patterns by material in new portions. Real easy, until you get into needing to show a material hatch for something which is existing. Our current work around is to draft a fill pattern over the gray hatch, but this adds a lot of drafting work where we shouldn't need to. Is there any other work around to define a hatch pattern with a gray background.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-12-17, 05:34 PM
Off the top of my head. Assuming that you need to do this for very few items or areas I would probably duplicate the plan, crop it as required, set it to wireframe and override the cut pattern for the specific walls you need. I'd then overlay that plan on the 'main' plan. The cut pattern will show through the fill pattern but only if set to wireframe.
How important is it to graphically illustrate the material hatch for the existing wall? Can't it be handled using a different shade of grey or just a note where the trades need to know what the material is?

Andre Baros
2008-12-17, 05:46 PM
Walls are just grey, where I'm running into issues is showing complicated floor patterns. We ran out of shades of grey, and before we start printing in color, it would be nice to handle this with patterns. I like the underlay idea...