PDA

View Full Version : Material types in families

Bryan Thatcher
2008-12-17, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to add a EIFS header to the top of a window. There are only a few material types available. How do I do this.

Thanks for everyone's help today.

Richard at AA
2008-12-17, 09:27 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean?

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-17, 09:30 PM
Instead of giving it a material, give it a material PARAMETER: Click on the header, go to its properties. In the material drop down, youll see a little gray box on the right side. Click that, and make a new parameter. Call it "HEADER MAT" or something.

Then, dont worry about defining the actual material. Now, you can load the family in the project, and do it from there. Itll make the family easier to update later in the future...

lhanyok
2008-12-17, 09:30 PM
Instead of creating a new material within the family, I usually create a new a material parameter in the family (in this case I would probably call it "EIFS Header"), and then set the actual material in the project itself.

Steven Campbell
2008-12-17, 10:10 PM
I'm trying to add a EIFS header to the top of a window. There are only a few material types available. How do I do this.

Thanks for everyone's help today.
If you mean the material class drop down in the Revit Material, just go to the Identity Tab and you will find the material class parameter. Add EIFS there and it will show in the drop down.
I hope this helps,
Steve