PDA

View Full Version : Mullion Join issues

phillamad
2008-12-18, 02:06 PM
This issue might already have been answered but I can't seem to find it.

I am trying to generate a mullion schedule from the curtain walls that I have created. Although I can get them to show properly in elevation, the schedule is not realistic. The construction of the frames would warant for either the vertical or the horizontal mullions to be continuous.

My problem is that the mullions are broken at each grid location which generates only mullion segments in the table. For example: If I have a 2400mm wide frame that is 3600mm high, with 1 vertical intermediate mullion and 3 horizontal intermediate mullions, the horizontals are called up in the schedule as being their segment lenghts. The problem is that the verticals are also being generated in segments even though I have selected my mullion joins option.

Is there a way to tell it not to break the overall length of either the vertical or the horizontal?

Gigmahabir
2008-12-18, 03:03 PM
Off the cuff, and I'm reasonably sure there are better ways to do this, but I would select the mullions that lie on the borders and assign in the comments field, Horizontal Border Bottom, Horizontal Border Top, Vertical Border Right, Vertical Border Left. You can quickly accomplish this by selecting a mullion, right clicking, and chosing Select Mullions > On grid line, then typing in the above mentioned comments or variants as you like.

In the Mullion Schedule, I would then include at the least Family and Type, Length and the Comments field, sort it first by Family and Type, then by Comments, and choose header and footer for the comments, choose Title, count, and totals in the drop down box for Comments, and select Itemize every instance towards the bottom left of the dialog box.

Then choose the Formatting Tab, select the Length and choose Calculate totals.

This will generate a schedule that atleast informs you of the total lengths of your border mullions.