PDA

View Full Version : Building area

Carlos GT
2008-12-18, 08:59 PM
I have a building with small slabs in each wall. I want the total building area to show the living area (under roof) and the open areas (slabs), just these 2 items. When I try to create a "gross area", the schedule shows the area for each slab. Can I show the sum of these slabs?

eric.piotrowicz
2008-12-18, 10:10 PM
definitely, go to the schedule > view properties > click the edit button next to fields > pick the 'sorting/grouping' tab > pick the field you want the total of and then check the 'grand totals' box near the bottom. Go to the 'formatting' tab and again pick the field to be totaled and then check the 'calculate totals' box. That should get you the numbers you need.

Carlos GT
2008-12-19, 04:07 PM
Thanks, but I think I was not very clear in my request. I can get the total building area, but the way the schedule shows is living area (under roof), plus slab 1 (open area) plus slab 2 (open) plus slab 3 (open) and the total building area.

The way I want to show is: Living area (under roof) plus "open areas" and the total building area. Being the "open areas" the sum of slab 1 plus slab2 plus slab3.

Can this be done?

patricks
2008-12-19, 09:43 PM
You should be able to give each exterior slab area the same type parameter, and then you can sort/group by that parameter to give you the total of each type. So have a type for interior area and a type for the exterior slabs, and then get the total for each type.