PDA

View Full Version : Portable License Utility problem

fangelo
2008-12-18, 09:37 PM
I have a problem that hopefuly someone can help me with. I exported a license file from my laptop to my office PC via a usb flash drive. The license file is still on my usb flash drive as I had a total system crash on the office PC and had to have the hole thing replaced. The issue with the office PC happend as I was booting up so never did transfer the file from the usb flash drive to the office PC. The problem now is that I need to be able to retreive the license file back to my laptop or transfer it to the replacement office PC. (The replacement office PC has a different Computer identification code than the office PC that I exported to.) PLEASE HELP!!

d.stairmand
2008-12-19, 05:10 AM
The only way to solve this is to contact a Autodesk or your Reseller & get them to send you thru another code.

fangelo
2008-12-19, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I'll do that.

f.ribeiro
2008-12-20, 10:28 AM
On the same issues, does anyone know who to export a licence (standalone) to a file and then import it back to the same computer?

We have to reinstall windows frequently (using Norton Ghost) and to avoid transferring licences between computers, we would like to remove the licence temporary.