PDA

View Full Version : Architect Font

Jun Austria
2008-12-19, 12:36 AM
Anybody used this font from this seller?
http://www.will-harris.com/store-h/architect_fonts.htm
I'm interested in purchasing his font but not sure how reliable is this guy is.

Joef
2008-12-19, 04:02 AM
I have never bought anything from this outfit but I know they have been around for a few years so they should be trustworthy. I looked at these fonts a few years ago, but decided to stick to the tried and trues.

Andy.88917
2008-12-19, 06:40 AM
I bought this font pack about 3 years ago and have been using it since and it's great!!! I use it in CAD a little and in many other things as well (letterhead, web site, invoices, etc)!

cliff collins
2008-12-19, 05:29 PM
FYI:

Revit uses TrueType fonts. Install the new nes in C:\Windows\Fonts.

Open Revit and you will then be able to use the new fonts.

cheers...

Devin_82
2008-12-19, 05:32 PM
I purchased it for my firm about a year ago and it works well with Revit. I have however decided not to use it anymore. I am trying to shift the company to Arial, it saves space while remaining legible. That was the one complaint I was getting from my users, the width of the MrHand font can be a bit wide at times, especially in smaller dimensions. Overall, though, the fonts have worked well and the company was a breeze to work with.

patricks
2008-12-19, 07:47 PM
Width is no longer an issue, really, now that 2009 allows font width to be modified in dimensions, in addition to the width control of text types.

We've been using the Architext font for several years now. I got it from someone else here. I can't attach it here but I could e-mail it. The attached image shows what it looks like.

For dimensions, we set all dimension types to a width factor of 0.8. Seems to work well in most cases.

cdatechguy
2008-12-19, 09:29 PM
Used Mr Hand in the past....actually still use it for my ArchiCAD projects...but we have a font similar to Mr Hand now, but skinnier...

Jun Austria
2008-12-20, 01:48 AM
Thanks for all the reply.
I have been using this font for years in AutoCAD (see attached ).
So I might give this a try.

Thanks to all again.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-12-20, 06:56 PM
Width is no longer an issue, really, now that 2009 allows font width to be modified in dimensions, in addition to the width control of text types.

We've been using the Architext font for several years now. I got it from someone else here. I can't attach it here but I could e-mail it. The attached image shows what it looks like.

For dimensions, we set all dimension types to a width factor of 0.8. Seems to work well in most cases.

Have you found any problems when publishing to DWF? I'm partial to the Architext font myself but found that certain fonts had some serious drop out and spacing issues when using the DWF printer driver. Most projects now use Arial for compatibility and consistency with other consultants so I haven't tried recently and they may have fixed it.

arqt49
2008-12-22, 10:33 AM
I understand that the previous dwf printer for revit had font embedding.
That would allow dwf files to look the same in every pc (consultant or client).
They droped out that option, so Arial seems the only universal solution.
Sending the TTF font file along with the DWF has some legal issues if the font in case is commercial.
I would love to see the revit dwf file work with font embedding again, as PDF always did, and arial is very boring.