PDA

View Full Version : Reveal Question

sethridge
2008-12-19, 11:41 AM
Newbie to Revit (got that out of the way)

I am trying to use a reveal to "notch" out areas of stud in my walls in section. I noticed that I can use grips to lengthen the reveal but is there a way to make the height and width adjustable on the fly. I am trying to avoid having to create different sized profiles. I am unsure how to make a profile parametric and have the parameters show up in the properties box of the reveal when I want to adjust the height and width.

Thanks for any help

Scott Womack
2008-12-19, 12:57 PM
Newbie to Revit (got that out of the way) I am trying to avoid having to create different sized profiles. I am unsure how to make a profile parametric and have the parameters show up in the properties box of the reveal when I want to adjust the height and width.

You cannot make a profile "adjustable" in size on the fly. You can make a profile that hase different sizes within one profile family. A reveal, (or sweep) can only have one profile size in it at a time. You have to make a different reveal "family" or type for each size profile.

sethridge
2008-12-19, 02:34 PM
Is there a better way to do this than reveals?

Carlos GT
2008-12-19, 04:13 PM
The solution is create a profile family with different sizes, Is not quite hard. Use refence planes in your family an attach the profile lines to these planes, then dimension these reference planes and add parameters that will change according the type of profile you will use.

Good luck