PDA

View Full Version : How do I break an alignment?

mmiles
2008-12-19, 05:13 PM
I have a wall based family inserted into a project (stone, jack arch) and which is aligned with the top and centerline of a door family (has two copies of a window nested). For various reasons I have added a secondary interior wall and joined it to the first wall. The window/door makes the cut, and the wall based family makes a cut in the 2nd wall - and that is good. But, the arch family is still hosted in the original wall. Because of my constraints and modeling skills I have to select an area away from the existing location in order to have the 2nd wall highlight as a host. Since I locked the alignments, the door and windows followed the arch, which should be okay, but it isn't. Somehow, the door and windows get messed up and I end up with my door in one location and the windows in another once I try to move everything back into place. So, now that I have spent more time writing this than it would take to delete and re-add the arch family....I am wondering how I can select the wall based family and unlock the alignment. When I select either family, there is no indication that there is a locked relationship, and rehosting does not give me an option to unconstrain it.

thanks.

seconds later...GOT IT, NEVERMIND

aggockel50321
2008-12-19, 06:53 PM
Select the family, cut it out, and then re-paste in the same place. That will break the constraints.