PDA

View Full Version : Details Components in Profiles

whatisrice
2008-12-19, 07:19 PM
Okay, I am learning the power of using hosted sweeps in my project. And also the power of embedding detail components in those profile-sweeps.

Question. I have a roof fascia sweep with embedded detail components. I drew them with a left facing wall section in mind. They look great. I'm proud of myself.... until I swtiched the section to be right facing. The embedded detail components are still LEFT facing.

Okay, I can existentially understand why that is. But does anyone know how to make the detail components orient with the profile, and not just be this "stamped" item?

I'm hoping this is a common thing that perhaps other's have faced before.

Thanks

Carlos GT
2008-12-19, 09:03 PM
What kind of profile are you trying to create?. Would you show some pics?

cliff collins
2008-12-19, 09:49 PM
Use a reference plane to lock the detail components to the face of the wall,
so they will always face the right way in the model.

cheers.....

whatisrice
2008-12-19, 10:24 PM
If only it were that easy, sir. This thing is actually about to give me a nervous breakdown... not really... but almost.

I opened up a brand new project and ran my fascia profile around several roof types, and the profile/detail component combo works perfectly.

But I put it in my project and it totally doesn't work. I've even purged, rebuilt, and tried several techniques. Something about my project is causing the profile not to work.

:-(

Alex Page
2009-02-25, 02:57 AM
Weve had similar troubles with embedded detail components in a "generic model" family
We have found that they work UNLESS the family is joined to another - then they disappear!

tomnewsom
2009-02-25, 11:59 AM
If only it were that easy, sir. This thing is actually about to give me a nervous breakdown... not really... but almost.

I opened up a brand new project and ran my fascia profile around several roof types, and the profile/detail component combo works perfectly.

But I put it in my project and it totally doesn't work. I've even purged, rebuilt, and tried several techniques. Something about my project is causing the profile not to work.

:-(
Random thought: Is your problematic project an upgraded one from an earlier Revit version?