PDA

View Full Version : Surface Patterns

peakprecisiondesign
2008-12-19, 07:37 PM
This may be a lame question but why are Surface Patterns no longer available to turn on or off under floors in visibility graphics? I usually don't show tile, wood, etc. on the floor plan (gets too cluttered), I make a floor finish plan to show those. Thanks.

Cole

Gigmahabir
2008-12-19, 07:46 PM
You can turn off the floor surface pattern by going to VV/VG (View Visibility/View Graphics) and instead of selecting the +node for floors, all you have to do is uncheck the visible checkbox when you click on the projection/surface Patterns box.

peakprecisiondesign
2008-12-19, 07:49 PM
Thanks! I knew it had to be something simple like that.

patricks
2008-12-19, 07:51 PM
It's been like this since either version 9.1 or RA 2008 I think.

peakprecisiondesign
2008-12-19, 08:03 PM
It's been like this since either version 9.1 or RA 2008 I think.

It must have been RA08. I just recently started using 09. 08 was worthless to me (for reasons I've often complained about). When 09 first came out i tried to use it but it took around an hour to upgrade a single project. I decided to wait for some upgrades. Now it takes a couple minutes at most to upgrade a file. I like it quite a bit. I better like it because I doubt my company will want to shell out any more subscription fees. I work for a homebuilder and money is extremely tight at the moment so I have to be happy with what I have.